Intuitive, intelligent hygienic valve control
- Fast, intuitive setup takes place in seconds
- Smart control with 24/7 self-diagnostics
- 360° LED visual status indication, visible from any direction
- Built-to-last waterproof design withstands vibration and thermal expansion
- Fastest ever burst seat cleaning reduces water consumption by up to 90%
Maintain your peace of mind and control your hygienic valves effortlessly with the Alfa Laval ThinkTop V50 and V70 valve control units. Enjoy minimalist aesthetic housing made of composite material with a single sensor target control board to handle all valve functions and communication. No adapters, special tools or cover screws required. Non-crossing, colour-coded air hoses ensure straightforward connections.
Easy-to-access digital service and support
Access the service instruction manual and videos online or get the direct support you need using a convenient QR code located on the Alfa Laval ThinkTop housing.Two models fit all Alfa Laval hygienic valves
Select the right Alfa Laval ThinkTop valve control unit for your hygienic process needs based on the number of solenoid valves required. The ThinkTop V50 series fits on top of the Alfa Laval DV-ST, butterfly and single seat valves while the ThinkTop V70 series fits on top of all of these valves plus the Alfa Laval double seat valves and special valves.
Exploit the power of IO-Link
Demand more from your valves with the Alfa Laval ThinkTop IO-Link. The ThinkTop IO-Link enhances communication between your hygienic valves and Industry 4.0 automation systems. The point-to-point IO-Link communication protocol connects sensors and actuators, regardless of fieldbus, to your automation systems. This makes meaningful real-time data easier to capture, store, analyze and act upon.
- Enhanced flexibility which lets you change data parameters and process data from a remote automation system
- More uptime and less cost due to 24/7 data monitoring and diagnostics
- Comprehensive overview of data for timely preventative maintenance and optimized performance
- Clearly visible LEDs with customizable colours and a ‘wink’ function that makes it easier to locate a valve from the factory floor
- Greater water and wastewater savings
How it works
The Alfa Laval ThinkTop V50 and V70 valve control units offer a single-sensor solution for butterfly, single-seat and mixproof valves; a single control unit can be fitted with up to three solenoid valves. ThinkTop converts the electrical PLC output signals into mechanical energy to energize or de-energize the air-operated valve, using the physical sensor target mounted on the valve stem.
Installation with auto setup is intuitive and fast. To initiate auto setup, simply press the “Select” button and then the “Enter” button to begin the setup sequence. The process is completed in accordance with the number of solenoid valves fitted to the control unit. Alternatively, the ThinkTop valve control unit can be set up without dismantling the control head using the built-in “Live setup” feature for remote configuration.
Burst seat clean: sustainable water savings for mixproof valve cleaning systems
Save up to 90% of the Cleaning-in-Place (CIP) liquid used for mixproof valve cleaning with the Alfa Laval ThinkTop burst seat clean. Unlike conventional PLC timer-based seat lift cleaning, burst seat cleaning uses minimal water and cleaning media. In less than a second, high-impact bursts of CIP liquid effectively clean your mixproof valves, removing all residuals from seat surfaces and safeguarding process hygiene.