More with CB
- Wide variety of models and configurations make it possible to get the perfect fit for your application and duty
- Alfa Laval’s asymmetric FlexFlow plate design enables efficient performance with any type of refrigerant or in any liquid-to-liquid application
- The patented IceSafe design protects CB units from crystal formation in refrigerant condenser duties where defrosting is required
- For secondary heat exchangers used with gas boilers, Alfa Laval offers a range of extra-small asymmetric CB units
- One compact design available in models for pressures ranging from 32 to 90 bar
Alfa Laval CB brazed heat exchangers offers several advantages over traditional heat exchangers used in industrial, HVAC and refrigeration installations. Increased thermal efficiency within a compact unit makes it possible to tackle large-capacity duties where installation space is limited. The gasket-free design also allows for reliable performance in high-pressure and high-temperature applications. With a huge range of available sizes, capacities, plate patterns and connections, along with single-, dual- and multi-pass configurations, the available duties are practically endless. Additionally, CB units are available with AHRI certification as well as major pressure vessel and marine industry approvals.
How it works
Thin, corrugated stainless steel transfers heat, while copper brazing seals the media in the plate pack. The result is a high-efficiency heat exchanger that consists solely of surfaces that actively contribute to heat transfer. Contact points between the plates are also brazed, which improves resistance to pressure and temperature fatigue.
The arrangement of the channels formed between the plates ensures that media flow through alternate channels, generally in a countercurrent pattern, which further optimizes the efficiency of the heat transfer. A co-current configuration is also available.
View the animation to learn more.