Excellent levels of hygiene for a wide range of cost-effective, tank-based blending and mixing duties
- Easily tailored to meet specific tank/process requirements – modular design with hygienic materials increases flexibility and optimizes operation
- Reduced energy consumption – unique impeller design and product heat absorption makes ALTB up to 400% more efficient than impellers with standard pitc
- Hygienic design and smooth surfaces meet EHEDG, USDA, FDA and 3-A standards
- Operates at low speeds without reducing pumping capacity – up to 80% less power consumption compared with conventional impellers
- High productivity – low wear and low maintenance (no dismantling or tank entry, for instance, to replace long-life seals and bearings)
We have versions for sterile/aseptic applications and optional equipment, including welding flange, blind flange, cover for motor/gear and spare part kit, for all ALTB top-mounted agitators. Material certificates are available on request.
How it works
Based on a modular design, our ALTB agitators consist of a drive unit with bearing frame, shaft with special shaft seal and specially designed energy-saving airfoil (EnSaFoil) impellers with two or three blades. The tripod support stand helps extend working life and reduce cost.
An electrical drive motor transmits the energy required for mixing and blending (directly or via a gearbox) to the agitator shaft. The shaft rotates, turning the EnSaFoil impellers. The impeller movement creates a high flow with low shear due to the highly effective axial pumping effect on the liquid in the tank. This results in effective mixing and blending of the entire contents of the tank.