The Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) Standard 400 certification is an independent, third-party verification of thermal performance. Through its certification program and standards, AHRI strives to help customers save energy, improve their productivity and help to ensure a better environment.
AHRI Certified™ is the trusted mark of performance assurance for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and commercial refrigeration equipment. Products earning the mark undergo rigorous, independent annual evaluation to ensure that they perform according to the manufacturers’ published claims. Certifying HVACR equipment and component performance allows consumers to compare products based on independently verified performance ratings. To find AHRI Certified™ products, go to the AHRI directory.
AHRI Certification Procedures and Benefits
To certify a product to AHRI standards, the manufacturer submits specifications and performance data to AHRI for performance evaluation and potential certification.
Once certified, buyers and users can be assured that:
- The plate heat exchanger will perform in accordance with the manufacturer’s published ratings.
- Product performance can be easily compared for their specific application.
Alfa Laval AlfaNova AQ plate heat exchangers are made of 100% stainless steel, with the components fused together using a break-through technology that Alfa Laval has patented. This provides levels of hygiene and corrosion resistance unmatched by any other brazed heat exchanger. It also makes it practical to use stainless steel plate heat exchangers in installations normally reserved for conventional semi-welded and welded units.
Resistance to corrosion also makes Alfa Laval AlfaNova AQ popular in district heating installations in which corrosive water is used. The hygienic heat transfer channels and mechanical strength also make Alfa Laval AlfaNova units ideal in applications where the prime focus is on hygiene, such as clean water refrigeration chillers and tap water heating systems.
Cost effective for everyone involved
- Reduces lifetime operating costs significantly by assuring a more energy-efficient system
- Ensures full investment value by reducing costs for field tests and additional component performance margins
- Allows for the design of a system in which all the major components are independently performance certified
- Ensures that targets on power consumption and climate control can be met
- Provides a verifiable basis for heat exchanger selection
- Protects the owner and consulting engineer from performance concerns during commissioning and after installation
- Ensures that all certified plate heat exchangers included in proposals will deliver the stated thermal performance
- Reduces troubleshooting time during commissioning and after start-up